The Facing History School will be closed starting Monday, March 16th 2020 - Remote Online Learning will begin March 23rd.
If you would like to speak to someone directly while our school building is closed, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Rita Laguer at 347-777-6537 .
If you need to contact a staff member you can find their email address under the "Academics" tab at the top.
End of the year plan beginning May 26th:
For the remaining weeks of classes, students will:
- Complete the DAILY ATTENDANCE (even on Wednesday).
- Participate in each class’s community building activity (the same day/time as your live lessons)
- Participate in each class’s check in discussion days - these might be something posted or live (same day as your discussion days)
- Students who are not currently passing a class will work with their teacher to demonstrate skills in order to earn a passing grade by the end of the year.
Grading for May 26th - End of Year
- If you participate in your community building and discussion days, you receive 100% in the gradebook for a learning activity. If you do not participate, it will not negatively impact your grade.
- If you are currently not passing (it's called an NX) your teacher will let you know what work you need to do and when they are available to check in with you. If you have an NX in a class, you can still participate in community building activities as well and will receive 100% in the gradebook (learning activity) for your engagement in addition to working individually with your teachers to demonstrate course skills.
Click End of the School Year Schedule starting May 26th Parents_Students.pdf for a more detailed plan!
You will be able to access your end of year report card on your NYC SCHOOLS ACCOUNT. An NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) is a web-based application that lets parents see their child’s academic and biographic information on any computer, phone, or tablet. The application is also translated into nine languages other than English. Click NYC Schools Account NYCS to get started. If you haven’t yet registered and need assistance, please reach out to Rita, our Parent Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Based Health Clinic offering Televisits;
virtual one-on-one office visits that take place over an Internet connection through the video capabilities of a computer or cell phone. Please click on attached for more details on how to set it up:
If you would like to visit the School Based Health Clinic they are seeing students at an alternate location:
- The Ryan Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center is located at 645 10thAvenue between 45th 46th We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm. For any questions please call William Arboleda at 212-484-5807.
- El Centro Comunitario de Salud Ryan Chelsea-Clinton estamos localizado en la 645 Decima Avenida, entre las calles 45 y 46. Las horas de operación son Lunes a Viernes, 8:30am-4:30pm. Para preguntas por favor llame a William Arboleda a 212-484-5807
Need tech assistance?
Please complete this survey and a staff member will reach out to you: Online Technology Help/Assistance Spring 2020
Beginning Monday, March 30th, we will take DAILY ATTENDANCE for each student at FHS during this online learning time.
Our Daily Attendance Process:
- Each and every weekday (Monday - Friday) you will receive a GoogleForm in your email at 8:00am.
- Open the form.
- Type in your student I.D. number and click present.
- Submit the form, and you are done. That simple. You only need to submit it once a day.
- The form closes each day at 11:55pm.