NYC Food Assistance Resources
- NYC is keeping a very comprehensive, and easy to access site with links for food assistance.
- You can check here for maps of Food Pantries and Meal Hubs. Also, here is the link to ACCESS HRA to sign up for SNAP benefits or cash assistance.
- The free meal service at public schools has expanded service to adults at the 400+ Meal Hubs across the City. Anyone can go to any Meal Hub, and no one will be turned away.
Additional City Resources
- The City launched the Help Now Portal last week to connect New Yorkers who need help to resources on employment, benefits, seniors, food security, NYCHA residents, mental health, and education.
NY State Unemployment Insurance
- The State Dept. of Labor is working to improve response times (and their infrastructure) for unemployment insurance, and has hired 300 more operators, and expanded service from six to seven days a week.
- The best way to file is online here.
- Any claim filed will be back-dated to the date the filer became unemployed, NOT the date of filing. If you are eligible, you will be paid for all benefits due.
- When you are instructed to call to complete your claim, the ONLY valid number is 1-888-209-8124.
- Applicants should call based on the first letter of their last names, as follows:
- Monday, last names A - F
- Tuesday, last names G - N
- Wednesday, last names O - Z
- If you miss your day, you can also file on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
The New York City Department of Education is committed to making three free meals available daily for all NYC children.
- Beginning March 23, meals will be distributed at more than 400 sites across the city. Three meals a day, including breakfast, will be available to all NYC children Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm at locations across the city.
- Use our site lookup tool to find a location near you! https://www.opt-osfns.
- How to Pick Up a Meal - No registration, ID, or documentation required. All three meals a day may be picked up at the same time. No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises. Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
Working Papers for Students: if you are looking to get your working papers complete, please complete this Application for Working Certificate.pdf and get in touch with Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.